Oracle SOA 11g to 12.2.1c Up-gradation Steps
1. First step to configure JDK1.8 version, because RCU 12.2.1 won’t support for JDK 1.7 version. JDK1.7 will support up to 12.1.3 version.
2. For upgrading to 12.2.1 version, the database should be 188.8.131.52 and also we have to shut down the all the servers in existing domain before starting upgrading.
3. Next we have to create new soa instance for SOA12c.Both SOA11g and 12c should be in same server.
4. Next step configure 12c schemas using rcu command from 12c middleware -> oracle_common->bin. Here we have to select existing soa-infra schemas and creating new schemas for 12c as well.
5.After the above setup upgrade existing schemas to 12c version using ua.cmd , run this command from 12c middleware location -> oracle_common->upgrade (select schemas option here in this window ex: opss,oracle soa)
Use this sql command for checking soa schemas updated version(connect as sys)
SELECT MRC_NAME, COMP_ID, OWNER, VERSION, STATUS, UPGRADED FROM SCHEMA_VERSION_REGISTRY ORDER BY MRC_NAME, COMP_ID;
6. Next reconfigure the existing domain. Go to the 12c middleware location -> oracle_common->common->bin run the reconfig.cmd -> here we have to choose 11g domain path.
7. After the above setup upgrade existing domain to 12c version using ua.cmd , run this command from 12c middleware location -> oracle_common->upgrade(WebLogic domain configuration related UMS, OWSM,JRF and System Components Infrastructure).
8. Next run the pack.sh command from soa12c oracle_common->common->bin for creating snapshot of weblogic domain.
./pack.sh –domain=/u01/app/fmw11g/user_projects/domains/soadomain –template_name=soadomainupgradetemplate –template= soadomainupgradetemplate.jar –manged=true.